We are better together
Joining LAVA opens up a world of resources and support for volunteer management professionals. Membership includes access to free professional development activities as well as reduced rates and bursary for special events. Soapbox discussions cultivate options and solutions for member’s pressing issues. Our Volunteer Management Manual covers the basics and includes sample forms commonly used in volunteer programs.
The London and Area Association
of Volunteer Administration offers:
- Connection to provincial, national, and international volunteer management associations
- Updates on sector issues
- Volunteer Appreciation Week E-Zine
- Leadership opportunities
LAVA membership is $60.00 annually. Membership renewal takes place during the month of May. Activities take place from September to June. There are no activities in July or August.
Reduced rates are available for those joining half-way through the season.
Sign up now!
Click to send an email for a membership form. You will be provided with details about payment and access to more resources when we respond.
Some member organizations
LAVA recognizes that many of our members limited professional development funds. In the spirit of support and mutual aid LAVA offers bursaries for members to participate in professional development opportunities. This can be for a LAVA special event or opportunities presented by other organizations that are focused on skills set relevant to volunteer management.
The LAVA provides an Education Bursary for members wishing to attend professional development opportunities. The aim of the bursary is to make professional development more affordable to our members. The bursary is available to cover costs to attend local and out-of-town volunteer management workshops and conferences.
Bursary Value: The bursary is available to successful applicants in the amount of the workshop or conference. Payments will be made by LAVA directly to the workshop or conference committee. The bursary is non-refundable, non-transferable and shall have no cash value to the recipients. Whenever possible, applications must be made in time to take advantage of early registration discounts.
Eligibility Criteria and Guidelines:
- Applicants must be individual LAVA members in good standing who are interested in professional development and otherwise may not be able to attend because of the cost.
- Applicants must not have received financial support from LAVA within the previous year.
- Applicants must be available to attend the entire workshop or conference and attend all sessions.
- Completed application forms must be submitted no later than 2 months prior to the event.
- Applicants must complete the entire application form, including a statement of how the educational opportunity will assist them in their position.
- Eligible opportunities include LAVA Holiday Breakfast; LAVA AGM; workshops sponsored by LAVA or other AVAs within southern and central Ontario. Requests for mileage costs will be considered.
- The recipient agrees to share learning from the workshop or conference via oral or written presentation with the members of LAVA.
- The LAVA mission, policies, by-laws and procedures shall direct decision-making.
- Applications from the general membership will be given priority over applications from LAVA Executive Members with the exception of applications to attend workshop or conferences specifically relevant to AVA leadership or AVA business which will be weighted equally. All applications are submitted at least 2 months in advance to the LAVA President to allow time for consideration by the LAVA Executive and processing of the payment. Applications will not be considered for events that have already been attended. Applications should be submitted to the current President of LAVA.